On immunity : an inoculation / Eula Biss.
- 20 of 20 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Hotchkiss Library - Sharon.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 9781555976897 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1555976891 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9781555977207
- ISBN: 1555977200
- Physical Description: 205 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Minneapolis, Minnesota : Graywolf Press, 2014.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-202).
Biss addresses a chronic condition of fear that comes with becoming a new mother: fear of the government, the medical establishment, and what is in children's food, mattresses, medicines, and vaccines. Biss investigates the metaphors and myths surrounding the conception of immunity and its implications for the individual and the social body. As she hears more and more fears about vaccines, Biss researches what they mean for her own child, her immediate community, America, and the world.
Search for related items by subject
Vaccination > Health aspects.
Vaccination of children > Social aspects.